Traditional Japanese ~ Colour Candles
IRO Rousoku - coloured candles are made with 100% rice bran wax.
Rice bran wax is extracted from rice bran which is a byproduct of the rice milling process. These candles are sustainable, vegan, gentle to earth and to humans, and are made by a small family-owned Japanese candle maker in Shiga prefecture.
The packaging depicts four seasons: illustration on each box conveys its own seasonal landscape specific to Shiga prefecture. Each box includes six small candles in the colours selected to match each season (spring, summer).
These candles are completely handmade and give very little smoke and larger and brighter flame than modern paraffin candles.
- Each candle has a small hole at the bottom that can be used on a candle stand specially made for Japanese candles.
- Sold in a box of 6 small size candles.
- Measurements: Approx. 7.5cm (2.95") long
- Materials: 100% Rice bran wax, washi paper and cotton
- Burn Time: 60 minutes each. (approx)