The Boroughs Store is closed until Thursday 18/2/21 due to Circuit Breaker Restrictions
After finally being open again after our Summer break, we're closed for at least the next 5 days. We understand the need to put in place an effective containment strategy at the same time we know that this measure will cause disruption and some hardship for some.
We return to being an on-line only business during this period with free bike delivery in a 5km radius of the store and Express Post for further afield.
Stay safe until we see you again soon.
We're finally released from stage 4 restrictions!
Congratulations to everyone, it's been a tough slog, but we made it. May there be many doughnut days to come. We're really grateful to the customers that kept us going by purchasing during stage 4.
Here at The Boroughs Eddy and I have been busily getting ready for reopening of the store.
During stage 4 restrictions The Boroughs transitioned to being an online business with free home delivery and we now have to marry the web with the bricks and mortar before we reopen on the 5th.
The next 2 months will be very interesting as this is traditionally the period that The Boroughs is at it's busiest. It's really difficult to envisage how it will be given the current conditions.
In all our decisions we have tried to balance our new responsibility with our financial reality. Depending on how this works we will have to evaluate the viability of our business into the future.
Warm Regards and thanks for all your support,
Alasdair and Eddy
Due to stage 4 restrictions The Boroughs Store is close for personal shopping and browsing. If you can’t find what you’re looking for on our online store please call us between 11 am to 4 pm Wednesday to Sunday or email us anytime 🙏
The Boroughs store is open Wednesday to Sunday from 11 am to 4 pm.
Please press the door buzzer and we'll let you in.
We are limiting access to 2 customers at a time.
Access will remain like this until further notice.
The Boroughs remains open see 04.04.20 update
Over the Easter period, we are open from 11 am to 4 pm except for Monday when we will be closed.
- For your safety and ours the door is closed, if the store is empty please press the buzzer and we will open for you.
- If there’s a person shopping txt us and we will let you know when the store is empty again.
- If you’d like to make an appointment to visit, txt us, phone us, email us or DM us on Instagram we make sure the store is empty for you when you come in.
- Inside we have disposable gloves so you can browse and our surfaces are disinfected, there’s plenty of space and airflow for social distancing.
- Our online store is operating now, with more products listed each day. If you can’t find what you’re looking for you can txt us, phone us, email us or DM us on Instagram
- We offer free bike delivery to the following postcodes; 3003, 3032, 3051, 3052, 3053, 3054, 3055, 3056, 3057, 3058, 3070, 3071, 3072
- We are happy to post items to you as we are close to the Post Office
- We have reduced the number of hours the store is open.
- To reduce the risk to our staff and others in our community we ask you to wear the gloves provided at the door.
- Most purchases made today were home delivered by bike
- In the meanwhile, our website is being rebuilt so that we can serve remotely
Tomorrow may be our last day please call us if you require home delivery.
Thank you for your continued support
Boroughs by Bike
We’re delivering free of charge to these postcodes :
3003, 3032, 3051, 3052, 3053, 3054, 3055, 3056, 3057, 3058, 3070, 3071, 3072.
Our community is like a chain if one of the links break we all fall apart. We are surrounded by cafes and food businesses that face particular challenges,
Let’s all try to support as many of our local businesses as we can, if we can support each other at this time we’ll have a better chance of riding it out.
Over the last 48 hours, Eddy and I have been discussing how we can continue to support our community and maintain service while we practice social distancing during this challenging time. There may come a time where a forced closure is necessary, until then.
We’d first like to thank you for your continued support of our community and encouragement for what we do at The Boroughs.
Changes to in-store shopping
In an effort to keep everyone in our community safe we’ve decided to change the way we do business. We want to keep spirits up while we act with responsibility now, in the hope that all our actions contribute to containing the spread of the virus.
As of today, we offer these new services to replace regular in-store shopping:
Call or direct message us on Instagram, we’ll be in the store working and we’ll let you in. We can let you know if someone else is already here if you would prefer to maintain social distance.
If you’d prefer not to come to the store we’re happy to post the item, if it’s urgent and you live nearby we’re happy to deliver to your door by bike at no charge. We’ll get some exercise too:)
We are here to provide the service you always receive when you visit us, we’ll continue to gift-wrap if you require it. If we’re mailing something to a friend or loved one we are happy to write in the card on your behalf. Give us a call or message us and tell us what you’d like us to write. We are very close to the Post Office and can mail care packages, which is what we have been doing today. The kindness of people sending each other vouchers to use later and chocolate to use now have kept our spirits up.
We’re happy to give you a virtual tour of the store if there’s something you need, but you just can’t remember exactly what it is. Call using FaceTime, we can walk you around the shop. Email us, text us, Instagram us. We are here.
How to contact us
Store landline 9388 1618
Store mobile 0417 500 641